Making a New Beginning（Sunday service）
1Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
2Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
3For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
4Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
5Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
10Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.
14Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.
16You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
18In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19Then there will be righteous sacrifices, whole burnt offerings to delight you; then bulls will be offered on your altar.
How to get started on a new Beginning
- Stop making excuses or blaming others.
vs.3 “For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me”
- Understand God is the only one truly qualified to forgive.
vs.4 “against you, you only have I sinned”
* Angola prison revival story
- Become honest before God about what you have done and who you are- a born sinner! Ps.51: 5
* Pray a prayer of honest confession that says what you did and shows your belief in Jesus Christ. vs.17
- Feeling sorry is not enough. To repent means to change directions. Repent means to take action.
- Forgiveness or love can be given immediately, respect can be lost in a moment but love based respect can only be rebuilt by faithfully making right decisions over along period of time.
Please click here to hear a message right now.